Refugees Channel crossing

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
Tangled Metal

Re: Refugees Channel crossing

Postby Tangled Metal » Mon Sep 16, 2019 14:05 pm

One more point, you do know that fighting for your families is literally what they'd have to do to survive in many cases. Is that o.k with you? Would you like to be in their situation?

Alejandrosdog

Postby Alejandrosdog » Tue Sep 17, 2019 15:22 pm

Tangled Metal wrote:One more point, you do know that fighting for your families is literally what they'd have to do to survive in many cases. Is that o.k with you? Would you like to be in their situation?

It's perfectly ok with me. infact I strongly believe they should have the courage to look after and not abandon their families.

Would I like to be in their situation? No of course not but I know for a fact I wouldn't run away.

Quite why we want people here like that is beyond me.

homers double

Postby homers double » Tue Sep 17, 2019 15:24 pm

bradsbeard wrote:Shouldn't asylum be claimed at the first EU country you encounter? If your that desperate to flee persecution then why do you want to come to the UK?

Economic migrants.

Sorry to be harsh but need to be returned back to France.

Without reading the whole thread I thought this exactly, these people aren't as stupid as they appear. They know they can fleece our pathetic benefits system as well as Chardonnay in her one bed council flat with twelve kids.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Alejandrosdog

Postby Alejandrosdog » Tue Sep 17, 2019 15:26 pm

homers double wrote:
bradsbeard wrote:Shouldn't asylum be claimed at the first EU country you encounter? If your that desperate to flee persecution then why do you want to come to the UK?

Economic migrants.

Sorry to be harsh but need to be returned back to France.

Without reading the whole thread I thought this exactly, these people aren't as stupid as they appear. They know they can fleece our pathetic benefits system as well as Chardonnay in her one bed council flat with twelve kids.

Unlikely to be a one bedroom flat with 12 kids. more likely to be a nice house Inbetween the homes of people who pay for theirs. A spot of pepper potting to reduce inequality by driving down the neighbourhood to the lowest common denominator. Common being the correct description

HaydenM

Postby HaydenM » Tue Sep 17, 2019 15:37 pm

elbowloh

Postby elbowloh » Tue Sep 17, 2019 15:46 pm

Take a look at this:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/infograp ... ilter=2018

In 2018 the UK had 37,730 applications for assylum.

Germany had 184k
France had 120K

Spain, Italy and Greece all had more applications than the UK.

They don't to the UK because they think they can fleece the system. They come here generally because they already have family members or friends here, or because they speak English.
Felt F1 2014
Felt Z6 2012
Red Arthur Caygill steel frame ??
Tall....

Longshot

Postby Longshot » Tue Sep 17, 2019 15:56 pm

elbowloh wrote:Take a look at this:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/infograp ... ilter=2018

In 2018 the UK had 37,730 applications for assylum.

Germany had 184k
France had 120K

Spain, Italy and Greece all had more applications than the UK.

They don't to the UK because they think they can fleece the system. They come here generally because they already have family members or friends here, or because they speak English.

FAKE NEWS! The rest of Europe don't take any refugees, they just send them to us.

Longshot

Postby Longshot » Tue Sep 17, 2019 15:58 pm

elbowloh wrote:They don't to the UK because they think they can fleece the system.

On a more serious note, we reap what we sow.

If you're going to proclaim yourself as one of the leading free and prosperous democracies in the world, is it any wonder you get a lot of potential immigrants?

Just a thought.

Alejandrosdog

Postby Alejandrosdog » Tue Sep 17, 2019 19:53 pm

HaydenM wrote:1p per day each spent on refugees:
https://blogs.redcross.org.uk/refugeess ... rue-costs/

1 per person per day. that's 65million pence a day every day every week every month every year and rising. Not such a small amount now is it.

Jez mon

Postby Jez mon » Tue Sep 17, 2019 20:54 pm

Alejandrosdog wrote:

1 per person per day. that's 65million pence a day every day every week every month every year and rising. Not such a small amount now is it.

So your amount doesn't rally with the total sum.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live

rjsterry

Postby rjsterry » Tue Sep 17, 2019 21:23 pm

Jez mon wrote:
Alejandrosdog wrote:

So your amount doesn't rally with the total sum.

It's per taxpayer, not per person.
1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.

antonyfromoz

Postby antonyfromoz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 21:45 pm

Alejandrosdog wrote:

In the Brexit thread you stated "I'm significantly above average intelligence and I know I Have a broader AND higher level of education than most" - and then I read your other comments and I just shake my head.

Tangled Metal

Postby Tangled Metal » Tue Sep 17, 2019 21:47 pm

Alejandrosdog wrote:
Tangled Metal wrote:One more point, you do know that fighting for your families is literally what they'd have to do to survive in many cases. Is that o.k with you? Would you like to be in their situation?

It's perfectly ok with me. infact I strongly believe they should have the courage to look after and not abandon their families.

Would I like to be in their situation? No of course not but I know for a fact I wouldn't run away.

Brave man speaks. I don't believe you.

Alejandrosdog

Postby Alejandrosdog » Tue Sep 17, 2019 21:47 pm

antonyfromoz wrote:
Alejandrosdog wrote:

In the Brexit thread you stated "I'm significantly above average intelligence and I know I Have a broader AND higher level of education than most" - and then I read your other comments and I just shake my head.

Being thick must be painful but im sure you’re used to it

Alejandrosdog

Postby Alejandrosdog » Tue Sep 17, 2019 21:48 pm

Tangled Metal wrote:
Alejandrosdog wrote:

Well thats your prerogative wet boy

antonyfromoz

Postby antonyfromoz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 22:07 pm

Alejandrosdog wrote:
Tangled Metal wrote:
Alejandrosdog wrote:

ADog is Donald Trump! Didn't know he rode a bike but there you go. So brave, the bravest, everyone says this, and intelligent, very stable, probably tall too. You are truely biggly impressive! Albeit in a ranting, self centred and totally lacking in substance sort of way.

Alejandrosdog

Postby Alejandrosdog » Tue Sep 17, 2019 22:48 pm

antonyfromoz wrote:
Alejandrosdog wrote:
Tangled Metal wrote:
Alejandrosdog wrote:

ADog is Donald Trump! Didn't know he rode a bike but there you go. So brave, the bravest, everyone says this, and intelligent, very stable, probably tall too. You are truely biggly impressive! Albeit in a ranting, self centred and totally lacking in substance sort of way.

What is your post all about? trying to be clever? impressive? oh so special? I'm sure you're special too xx

antonyfromoz

Postby antonyfromoz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 22:52 pm

Alejandrosdog wrote:
antonyfromoz wrote:
Alejandrosdog wrote:
Tangled Metal wrote:
Alejandrosdog wrote:

What is your post all about? trying to be clever? impressive? oh so special? I'm sure you're special too xx

You really don't run away do you? You really are as brave as you say. Although I noticed you still managed to run away from the questions in the Brexit thread though...

john80

Postby john80 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 06:58 am

The dog when faced with a group of armed child soldiers and their illustrious leader entering the village and taking the women to be raped and the boys and men in a line to have their hands chopped off wouldn't run. He would meekly stand in line and accept his fate like a true warrior. All whilst claiming to be above average in intelligence.

Pross

Postby Pross » Wed Sep 18, 2019 07:25 am

antonyfromoz wrote:
Alejandrosdog wrote:

He's the forum troll and isn't even subtle about it. If everyone else on here had been condemning refugees he would have been posting strongly in favour. Just ignore is the best advice.

Return to “The Cake Stop”