A question of morals vs confidentiality vs legals vs good neighbourliness

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
orraloon

Re: A question of morals vs confidentiality vs legals vs good neighbourliness

Postby orraloon » Tue Sep 10, 2019 17:45 pm

Oi, pack it it you 2, or else... :D

DeVlaeminck

Postby DeVlaeminck » Tue Sep 10, 2019 17:56 pm

Matthewfalle wrote:
DeVlaeminck wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:so you'd be happy to get verbal and square up to someone you knew wouldn't kick seven bells out of you? the minute someone is "harder" you'd change your approach?

you'd be happy to have a pop at me (meek mild cyclist) and not, for example, Fat Les the well known football hooligan?

sounds a bit bullying/cowardly unless i'm i'm reading it wrong.

Where did I say I'd square up and kick 7 bells out of anyone? So yes you are reading it wrong, or trolling to get a rise.

I suspect if you knew I had been convicted murdering 2 people for trying to wind me up on this forum you wouldn't have posted that - most people including me will moderate their response to something if they suspect it may result in violent death.

not in my book - always treat everyone fairly, politely and the same.

seems that by using the phrase "moderate their response to something...." it means that you're happy to scream and eff and blind at someone unless you think you'll get a dose of your own medicine/worse.

or are you trolling?

Again where did I mention screaming, effing, kicking 7 bells out of someone?

Let me give you an example. If I met you I would ask you why you had nothing better to do than troll people on a cycling forum. We both know you spend a fair amount of your time doing just that.

If I thought that you were likely to take offence at that and in taking offence you would pull a knife on me I'd probably not broach the subject.

If you call that cowardice fine - I'd call it common sense - not wanting to sacrifice my life to call out someone for acting in an immature way. In short your behaviour gives ke the right to take reasonable offence and express that in a reasonable way ( note not kick 7 bells out of you). However it doesn't impose a duty on me to do so whatever the consequences.
Holbrook Sports FC Women - sign for us

darkhairedlord

Postby darkhairedlord » Tue Sep 10, 2019 18:51 pm

The whole thing looks like a scam to me. Builder offers below market rate, sells to accomplice to show what a good deal he gave you, neighbours terrorised into selling up way below market, whole lot redeveloped into giant HMO.

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Tue Sep 10, 2019 19:00 pm

sorry - i'm not understanding your parameters for broaching/not broaching a subject.

i also presume your use of the word "broaching" means to address someone verbally and confrontationally.

surely if a subject is worth broaching with meek mild cyclist such as me or someone who looks like Rick (5'2, 60kg) or a lady its not worth broaching with Fat Les?

If the subject was that important you'd broach it with everyone surely?

And how do you know if someone is going to be violent? After all, you may feel confident being bigger and taller than Rick or meek me to broach a subject but how do you know Rick isn't going to pull out a blade?
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

orraloon

Postby orraloon » Tue Sep 10, 2019 19:16 pm

darkhairedlord wrote:The whole thing looks like a scam to me. Builder offers below market rate, sells to accomplice to show what a good deal he gave you, neighbours terrorised into selling up way below market, whole lot redeveloped into giant HMO.

Nah. Currently family member lives on well established 90s built estate in a different location to the new build in progress purchase.

A bit more digging para mi suggests that individual was sectioned under mental health rather than jailed, perhaps now, way too soon in my opinion but hey, perhaps being 'helped' back into society. I doubt local society will want or indeed accept such a 'kin a-hole given the magnitude of his offences.

Now in pure hypothesis territory. I can understand desire on part of the public sector authorities responsible for reintegrating such a basket case out of the looney bin back into real world. However at what impact and cost, financial / social / fear and loathing on the unfortunate new neighbours is acceptable? One very very troubled nut-job vs a wide circle of unwitting new neighbours in a currently stable domestic world.

Me? Execute. Problem sorted. But not my problem, fortunately.

Webboo

Postby Webboo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 19:35 pm

orraloon wrote:
darkhairedlord wrote:The whole thing looks like a scam to me. Builder offers below market rate, sells to accomplice to show what a good deal he gave you, neighbours terrorised into selling up way below market, whole lot redeveloped into giant HMO.

Nah. Currently family member lives on well established 90s built estate in a different location to the new build in progress purchase.

A bit more digging para mi suggests that individual was sectioned under mental health rather than jailed, perhaps now, way too soon in my opinion but hey, perhaps being 'helped' back into society. I doubt local society will want or indeed accept such a 'kin a-hole given the magnitude of his offences.

Now in pure hypothesis territory. I can understand desire on part of the public sector authorities responsible for reintegrating such a basket case out of the looney bin back into real world. However at what impact and cost, financial / social / fear and loathing on the unfortunate new neighbours is acceptable? One very very troubled nut-job vs a wide circle of unwitting new neighbours in a currently stable domestic world.

Me? Execute. Problem sorted. But not my problem, fortunately.

I suspect if you were to use those terms and that language at the person in question it would be you getting a visit from the old bill not them.

orraloon

Postby orraloon » Tue Sep 10, 2019 20:04 pm

Yebbut. I know what individual did. Not good. Shall we say not a positive contributor to society at large. As individual should not be.

Webboo

Postby Webboo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 20:17 pm

orraloon wrote:Yebbut. I know what individual did. Not good. Shall we say not a positive contributor to society at large. As individual should not be.

That may be so but as an individual with mental illness they are classed as disabled therefore to abuse them becomes a hate crime. Which is ironic given the the title of the thread.

orraloon

Postby orraloon » Tue Sep 10, 2019 20:42 pm

Webboo wrote:
orraloon wrote:Yebbut. I know what individual did. Not good. Shall we say not a positive contributor to society at large. As individual should not be.

That may be so but as an individual with mental illness they are classed as disabled therefore to abuse them becomes a hate crime. Which is ironic given the the title of the thread.

No abuse. Statement of fact, of public record, coloured by opinion. Abuse for sure is what individual delivered to multiple random individuals. All fine now though, was x (not a large number) years ago, cop of plea of mental instability, do a few years in 'care', play the system and get away with it. Oh and get 'assisted' in your rehabilitation into society. Were you to know what this (my view) bellend did, I reckon you would go ...oh. That. Right.

Webboo

Postby Webboo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 20:54 pm

It doesn’t matter what I think or believe but the use of bellend, loony, nut job and basket case and suggest they are executed hardly fit in with title of the thread or probably the law.

sungod

Postby sungod » Tue Sep 10, 2019 20:59 pm

there're millions in the uk who are "not a positive contributor to society at large"

why single out one?
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Robert88

Postby Robert88 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 22:07 pm

sungod wrote:

there're millions in the uk who are "not a positive contributor to society at large"

why single out one?

Rome was not built in a day.

orraloon

Postby orraloon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 06:34 am

Webboo wrote:It doesn’t matter what I think or believe but the use of bellend, loony, nut job and basket case and suggest they are executed hardly fit in with title of the thread or probably the law.

Fair point. I seem to have strayed myself from original issue to ponder. And after all, not my problem.

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 06:45 am

orraloon wrote:
Webboo wrote:It doesn’t matter what I think or believe but the use of bellend, loony, nut job and basket case and suggest they are executed hardly fit in with title of the thread or probably the law.

Fair point. I seem to have strayed myself from original issue to ponder. And after all, not my problem.

All you had to do was say he is a leave voter and you would have got a free pass :wink:
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

PBlakeney

Postby PBlakeney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 07:04 am

This thread can be summed up fairly simply.
NIMBY.
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.

Veronese68 wrote:PB is the most sensible person on here.

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Wed Sep 11, 2019 07:11 am

well its not even in his back yard - he doesn't even live there does he?
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

PBlakeney

Postby PBlakeney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 07:34 am

Matthewfalle wrote:well its not even in his back yard - he doesn't even live there does he?

Okay.
Not In My Back Yard, Nor Friends Or Relatives.
NIMBYNFOR. :wink:

Tangled Metal

Postby Tangled Metal » Wed Sep 11, 2019 08:07 am

If the guys mental health consisted of self harm or suicide attempts you'd treat him differently?

Without knowing his issues / health problems what use is our opinion on this? Generalisms about mental health? Comments about rehabilitation? A form of nimbyism? What do you want other than vent about something you don't like?

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Wed Sep 11, 2019 09:10 am

PBlakeney wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:well its not even in his back yard - he doesn't even live there does he?

Okay.
Not In My Back Yard, Nor Friends Or Relatives.
NIMBYNFOR. :wink:

The thread isn't about nimbyism - just the provision of information. If someone was going to build an incinerator on land at the back of your house you'd probably want to know about it but the only Nimbyism bit relates to what you do with that information when you've got it.

But that said, FWIW I think the original question is a bit odd. If the vendor is that bothered about the purchaser and the impact that that person might have on the neighbours then they shouldn't sell the house to that person. Since they are not that bothered (understandably) what does it achieve to give the neighbours information that raises more questions than it answers?
Faster than a tent.......

PBlakeney

Postby PBlakeney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 09:35 am

Nah. The vendor is ultimately selling to someone undesirable to be neighbours to friends and/or relatives and is feeling a touch guilty.
Presumably he would be happy if the undesirable moved elsewhere. NIMBY.

Return to “The Cake Stop”