Donald Trump

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
Joelsim

Donald Trump

Postby Joelsim » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:55 am

Is this bloke 100% or just 99.99% muppet?

What a tool.

Discuss.
My men 2019: Superman Lopez, Gaviria, Henao, Teuns, Tejay, Gaudu, Cosnefroy, Evenepoel, Pidcock.

homers double

Re: Donald Trump

Postby homers double » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:09 pm

On a related note, I wonder how much the new Warburtons crumpet advert cost to make?
Advocate of disc brakes.

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Fri Nov 20, 2015 14:03 pm

He's busy Wrecking Turnberry. He's a classless, tacky oik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7UcQcD9INI
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

LakesLuddite

Postby LakesLuddite » Fri Nov 20, 2015 15:24 pm

homers double wrote:On a related note, I wonder how much the new Warburtons crumpet advert cost to make?

Probably not as much as the one with Sly Stallone!

And Donald Trump is without doubt one of the biggest gits in history. :shock:

orraloon

Postby orraloon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 18:33 pm

If you can be bothered seeking it out, a couple months or so back The Economist ran an interview with him and also released the audio of the entire telephone interview conducted with the numpty. I heard it on their podcast feed, guess it will be accessible via their site.

God, it was depressing listening. What a narrow minded, bigoted, self satisfied fool he sounded. And may the deity of your choice help us should the good ol' boys actually elect him.

Pross

Postby Pross » Fri Nov 20, 2015 19:46 pm

I think the sign of just how bad a person he is was when he made me feel sympathy for one of the Bush dynasty. You have to be a complete &£*# to manage that!!

Problem is I can genuinely see him getting voted in as President which is a terrifying prospect.

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Fri Nov 20, 2015 19:54 pm

Pross wrote:I think the sign of just how bad a person he is was when he made me feel sympathy for one of the Bush dynasty. You have to be a complete &£*# to manage that!!

Problem is I can genuinely see him getting voted in as President which is a terrifying prospect.

Even the rednecks can see through him. He'll do a Sarah Palin scale/style f*ck up sooner or later.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Donald-Trump-likely-to-win-the-2016-election
W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

Slowmart

Postby Slowmart » Fri Nov 20, 2015 22:07 pm

It's when a narrow minded biggot strikes a resononse with the public to such a degree he finds himself as a front runner in the Republican race is the scariest aspect.
And God created the bicycle, so that man could use it as a means for work and to help him negotiate life's complicated journey.

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Fri Nov 20, 2015 22:42 pm

If you consider that aside from Obama, every American president has been returned by 'Middle America' and the bible bashing belt, their impact vis-a-vis US Foreign policy, has shaped a lot of the world as we know it. Frightening.
W - Wiggle Honda

VTech

Postby VTech » Sat Nov 21, 2015 19:29 pm

I think he is the best for the job.
You need a businessman to run a country, not a yes man and he is certainly not a yes man.
Living MY dream.

Ballysmate

Postby Ballysmate » Sat Nov 21, 2015 19:30 pm

VTech wrote:I think he is the best for the job.
You need a businessman to run a country, not a yes man and he is certainly not a yes man.

WElcome back VTech. I see you haven't lost your touch. :lol:

VTech

Postby VTech » Sat Nov 21, 2015 19:32 pm

Been busy with some research of late so haven't been around but my post is deadly serious.

I have said it on this forum way before he was in the running for candidacy.
Living MY dream.

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Sat Nov 21, 2015 19:46 pm

A businessman who's wife, Ivana Trump was a key mover and who's father, Fred Trump had given him an enormous leg up? That Donald Trumped up twit?
W - Wiggle Honda

VTech

Postby VTech » Sat Nov 21, 2015 20:09 pm

Pinno wrote:

A businessman who's wife, Ivana Trump was a key mover and who's father, Fred Trump had given him an enormous leg up? That Donald Trumped up twit?

Your posts are normally on the point but surely your not saying that someone born into money can't do well ?
Mr Trump for all his faults is an amazing businessman, regardless of whether you like him or not shouldn't matter, the fact that he makes things happen should be all that counts.

You need a businessman to run a country, just like you do to make sure a company is viable.
Governments need to be run like business, they do this in places like singapore and punish failings as they would in normal business. By having councils, people in charge etc not having to account for their actions either during or after their employment is lunacy and breeds trouble from the core.

Accountability and someone who will make hard choices and stand no mess.
Living MY dream.

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Sat Nov 21, 2015 20:31 pm

Asking for a database for muslims living in the US and calling Syrian refugees 'Rabid Dogs' is hardly going to endear himself to the more liberal (free thinking Americans) and it underlines his naievity that will do the US no good whatsoever in international relations.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/20/muslim-americans-outrage-donald-trump-ben-carson

Bush said "You are either with us or against us" and in the process blew the Tripartite talks that Clinton had brokered in the middle east and created deeper lines between the 'collaborators' in the west and those detractors - maybe even served as the catalyst to where we are now. Trump talks the same cowboy talk that Bush talked and is likely to re-alienate Iran and further exacerbate the current surge of Islamic fundamentalism.
It's not all about running the economy, in fact being the American president is very little about running the economy as Obama has found time and time again because of the objections of the Senate.
He should stick to Business and I hope he goes a long way in the US elections before failing as bank rolling the whole campaign will ruin him.
W - Wiggle Honda

VTech

Postby VTech » Sat Nov 21, 2015 20:36 pm

Pinno wrote:Asking for a database for muslims living in the US and calling Syrian refugees 'Rabid Dogs' is hardly going to endear himself to the more liberal (free thinking Americans) and it underlines his naievity that will do the US no good whatsoever in international relations.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/20/muslim-americans-outrage-donald-trump-ben-carson

Bush said "You are either with us or against us" and in the process blew the Tripartite talks that Clinton had brokered in the middle east and created deeper lines between the 'collaborators' in the west and those detractors - maybe even served as the catalyst to where we are now. Trump talks the same cowboy talk that Bush talked and is likely to re-alienate Iran and further exacerbate the current surge of Islamic fundamentalism.
It's not all about running the economy, in fact being the American president is very little about running the economy as Obama has found time and time again because of the objections of the Senate.
He should stick to Business and I hope he goes a long way in the US elections before failing as bank rolling the whole campaign will ruin him.

You think he is bankrolling it ? :shock:

I do not agree on many of his speeches but that isn't my point, I'm referring to running the financial side of the country, we all know that the president doesn't call the shots military.
Anyone with sense also knows that the real issues are not with iran either, it has and is to do with the isreal issue.

I don't want to get into a religious argument here as I have strong views which would offend some and I'm not really in the mood for that but the truth is that governments need to be business based in order to work, for the reasons i mentioned above.
Living MY dream.

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Sat Nov 21, 2015 20:45 pm

His credentials aren't deep enough to be the American President.

The late James Cameron, journalist said "Isreal is a nation surrounded by 170 million Arabs hell bent on its destruction".

That was in 1962. Nothing has changed. We'll leave it at that.
W - Wiggle Honda

Slowmart

Postby Slowmart » Sat Nov 21, 2015 22:37 pm

VTech wrote:
Pinno wrote:
I do not agree on many of his speeches but that isn't my point, I'm referring to running the financial side of the country, we all know that the president doesn't call the shots military.
Anyone with sense also knows that the real issues are not with iran either, it has and is to do with the isreal issue.

I don't want to get into a religious argument here as I have strong views which would offend some and I'm not really in the mood for that but the truth is that governments need to be business based in order to work, for the reasons i mentioned above.

The President is the Commander in Chief. So please enlighten us as " everyone knows the President call the shots militarily" so who does.

Take Israel out of the equation and you still have the residual issues of the Arab Spring, the suppression of minorities in Saudi, UAE and Bahrain. Iraq, Syria, Libya, civil unrest is a understatement and add Egypt with the military coup of a democratically elected government which has the support of the west.

The Israeli lobby is Washington certainly seems to hold sway, less so with the current administration but Netanyahu has done his fare share of alienation both with the Palestians and Obama.

But maybe I'm missing the point here, is VTech really Nigel Farage and has political ambitions based on business success? :wink:

Trump, Farage/ V Tech all have ideas and supply a narrative but i can't seem to link their thinking to the facts in the real world.

The yanks have been living beyond their means for decades and all you have to do is look at their growing deficit which makes me wonder what Trump would do about that. Maybe Chapter 11 and start again.....
And God created the bicycle, so that man could use it as a means for work and to help him negotiate life's complicated journey.

PBlakeney

Postby PBlakeney » Sat Nov 21, 2015 22:48 pm

Pinno wrote:Asking for a database for muslims living in the US and calling Syrian refugees 'Rabid Dogs' is hardly going to endear himself to the more liberal (free thinking Americans) .....

Unfortunately for everyone, those Americans are very much in the minority.
You try telling them God doesn't exist, and I'll take your gun off you thank you very much.
See how free thinking and liberal they are then.
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.

Veronese68 wrote:PB is the most sensible person on here.

VTech

Postby VTech » Sat Nov 21, 2015 22:53 pm

Slowmart wrote:
VTech wrote:
Pinno wrote:

The President is the Commander in Chief. So please enlighten us as " everyone knows the President call the shots militarily" so who does.

Take Israel out of the equation and you still have the residual issues of the Arab Spring, the suppression of minorities in Saudi, UAE and Bahrain. Iraq, Syria, Libya, civil unrest is a understatement and add Egypt with the military coup of a democratically elected government which has the support of the west.

The Israeli lobby is Washington certainly seems to hold sway, less so with the current administration but Netanyahu has done his fare share of alienation both with the Palestians and Obama.

But maybe I'm missing the point here, is VTech really Nigel Farage and has political ambitions based on business success? :wink:

Trump, Farage/ V Tech all have ideas and supply a narrative but i can't seem to link their thinking to the facts in the real world.

The yanks have been living beyond their means for decades and all you have to do is look at their growing deficit which makes me wonder what Trump would do about that. Maybe Chapter 11 and start again.....

Sadly you are completely unaware of my views with regards to the issues within the Middle East so to enlighten you slightly, I am 100% pro Muslim and detest to the highest levels anyone who tries to argue that the issues are to do with a certain people.
I do not believe that the president calls the shots, I agree that the USA lives beyond its means and I think that they chose who to side with dependant on gain.
I'm not anti USA either. Simple fact is that humans by nature are horrid creatures who continually hurt each other for personal gain which inevitably causes the issues we see in a daily basis which brings us back to accountability and my entire point within this thread and almost every financially related thread I've ever posted of commented on.

I'll say it again, the key word is accountability (or the lack of it)
Living MY dream.

Return to “The Cake Stop”