BREXIT - Boris threatening to lob his toys out the pram.

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Re: BREXIT - End Game?

Postby Rick Chasey » Thu Sep 05, 2019 19:39 pm

Coopster the 1st wrote:
DrHaggis wrote:
TailWindHome wrote:Mr Rees-Mogg was announcing Monday's business in the House of Commons when he launched an attack against the consultant neurologist Dr David Nicholl.

It follows after a bitter clash earlier this week when Dr Nicholl, a consultant neurologist with Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, called an LBC phone-in show and asked the leader of the Commons what mortality rate he would accept if the UK were to leave the EU without a deal.

The Commons Leader said: "I'm afraid it seems to me that Dr David Nichol is as irresponsible as Dr Wakefield.

"What he had to say - I will repeat it - is as irresponsible as Dr Wakefield, in threatening that people will die because we leave the European Union.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 30011.html

It's ex-Dr Wakefield.

Other than that, it's a disgraceful show of double standards and moving the goalposts. Because JRM's answer implicitly agrees people will die, and that government doesn't yet have a better answer to that, when he complains about the mitigation plans. Of course, it's all shrouded on insults, so he ends up getting a free pass.

I wonder if JRM's "your mitigation still has people dying because it is pollitically motivated" could be considered slander when directer to an MD. Then again, I'm not a lawyer.

Even the Chief Medical Officer has thrown Dr Nichol under the bus, while trying to defend him :lol: , by saying there are full plans in place for the supply of medical supplies to be unhindered. This proves he was just trying to push Project Fear and is now squealing because he has been called out on it!

She literally did the opposite but this makes sense from you because you don’t understand what words mean.

darkhairedlord

Postby darkhairedlord » Thu Sep 05, 2019 19:43 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:
Coopster the 1st wrote:
DrHaggis wrote:
TailWindHome wrote:Mr Rees-Mogg was announcing Monday's business in the House of Commons when he launched an attack against the consultant neurologist Dr David Nicholl.

It follows after a bitter clash earlier this week when Dr Nicholl, a consultant neurologist with Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust, called an LBC phone-in show and asked the leader of the Commons what mortality rate he would accept if the UK were to leave the EU without a deal.

The Commons Leader said: "I'm afraid it seems to me that Dr David Nichol is as irresponsible as Dr Wakefield.

"What he had to say - I will repeat it - is as irresponsible as Dr Wakefield, in threatening that people will die because we leave the European Union.

It's ex-Dr Wakefield.

Other than that, it's a disgraceful show of double standards and moving the goalposts. Because JRM's answer implicitly agrees people will die, and that government doesn't yet have a better answer to that, when he complains about the mitigation plans. Of course, it's all shrouded on insults, so he ends up getting a free pass.

I wonder if JRM's "your mitigation still has people dying because it is pollitically motivated" could be considered slander when directer to an MD. Then again, I'm not a lawyer.

Even the Chief Medical Officer has thrown Dr Nichol under the bus, while trying to defend him :lol: , by saying there are full plans in place for the supply of medical supplies to be unhindered. This proves he was just trying to push Project Fear and is now squealing because he has been called out on it!

She literally did the opposite but this makes sense from you because you don’t understand what words mean.

JRM is probably stupid enough to repeat it outside of parliamentary privilege. Project brex$hit.

orraloon

Postby orraloon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 19:47 pm

I see the Botsters are in full flow again. Must mean the hello real world pressure is ramping up and the tovarischs are getting angsty.

rjsterry

Postby rjsterry » Thu Sep 05, 2019 19:47 pm

darkhairedlord wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:
Coopster the 1st wrote:
DrHaggis wrote:

It's ex-Dr Wakefield.

JRM is probably stupid enough to repeat it outside of parliamentary privilege. Project brex$hit.

He does seem to be on a bit of a self destruct mission at the moment. One can only hope.
1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.

Jez mon

Postby Jez mon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 20:51 pm

Coopster the 1st wrote:
Jez mon wrote:If writing a mitigation plan was easy, we would have taken it to the EU by now, shown them that no deal wouldn't hurt us, and they would have caved in.

That this hasn't happened, suggests someone is living in an alternative reality.

When the top level of govt who don't want to leave you get what we had when May and Hammond were in charge.

Things have moved on since her and Project Fear is now starting to be properly scrutinised and called out!

Operation yellowhammer was with your guys at the helm though!
You live and learn. At any rate, you live

Coopster the 1st

Postby Coopster the 1st » Thu Sep 05, 2019 21:08 pm

Jez mon wrote:
Coopster the 1st wrote:
Jez mon wrote:If writing a mitigation plan was easy, we would have taken it to the EU by now, shown them that no deal wouldn't hurt us, and they would have caved in.

That this hasn't happened, suggests someone is living in an alternative reality.

When the top level of govt who don't want to leave you get what we had when May and Hammond were in charge.

Things have moved on since her and Project Fear is now starting to be properly scrutinised and called out!

Really? Sky News had photos of the documents in Sept 2018

https://news.sky.com/story/operation-yellowhammer-no-deal-brexit-plans-revealed-11491671
Fair-weather commuter
Canyon Ultimate CF 8.0 in Black - WOW :)
Giant Defy 2 - FCN 4(summer) / 5(winter) - Great bike
Hybrid - FCN 8 - Relegated to the pub bike

DrHaggis

Postby DrHaggis » Thu Sep 05, 2019 21:52 pm

Coopster the 1st wrote:
Jez mon wrote:
Coopster the 1st wrote:

Really? Sky News had photos of the documents in Sept 2018

https://news.sky.com/story/operation-yellowhammer-no-deal-brexit-plans-revealed-11491671

So... if some issues are known since Sept 2018, if (as Michael Gove stated in the parlamentary evidence) many of the mitigation plans are from Spring 2019, and in the August Yellowhammer these things persist... if all JRM can say is "you didn't believe strong enough" rather than "your plan would be better if A, B & C"... maybe, just maybe, project fear really has something going for it?

letap73

Postby letap73 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 22:06 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/jacob-rees-m ... r-11802903

It looks like JRM has folded like a pack of cards.

letap73

Postby letap73 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 22:13 pm

Coopster the 1st wrote:
TailWindHome wrote:
Jo Johnson
@JoJohnsonUK
· 6m
It’s been an honour to represent Orpington for 9 years & to serve as a minister under three PMs. In recent weeks I’ve been torn between family loyalty and the national interest - it’s an unresolvable tension & time for others to take on my roles as MP & Minister. #overandout

This resignation means his party and constituents can have an MP who respects democracy.

It's just another whinging loser moving on and I'm glad to see it

Democracy is all about respecting a broad church of views - something a number of sensible of Tories are concerned about.
Sadly it's not a concept a self flagellating single issue obsessed moron would understand.

crispybug2

Postby crispybug2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 22:41 pm

Having just watched Question Time I am genuinely depressed about the whole f*cking shambles

Every single side of the debate were an utter bunch of cūnts!!

Jez mon

Postby Jez mon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 01:35 am

letap73 wrote:https://news.sky.com/story/jacob-rees-mogg-apologises-for-comparing-doctor-to-disgraced-anti-vaxxer-11802903

It looks like JRM has folded like a pack of cards.

Don't get the point in this.

His fans would have actively supported his stance, his detractors will think this apology has a complete lack of sincerity.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live

Robert88

Postby Robert88 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 02:47 am

Words!!

You little bastards.. Where are you hiding?

bompington

Postby bompington » Fri Sep 06, 2019 05:39 am

Does this remind you of any other leaders in the English-speaking world?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... partridge/
(just remember that the Torygraph is about the most pro-Boris paper there is)
Even the Torygraph wrote:We’ve all seen Mr Johnson bumbling and burbling for comic effect. It’s what he does. He’s been doing it his entire political life. But this wasn’t like that. Here, he looked genuinely dazed. Absent. Distracted. Lost. He spoke slowly, vaguely, and with long, inexplicable pauses – as if, while he murmured away, his mind kept straying on to some other, rather more troubling topic.

And then, after only a couple of minutes, something even odder happened. A propos of absolutely nothing at all, he started rambling about police cautions.

“Do you know the caution?” he said dreamily, to his audience of newly recruited officers. “You know what you have to say when you, when you... when you collar someone? ‘You do not have to say anything.’ Is that right? No. ‘Anything you s...’ No. ‘But if you fail to mention something… which you later… rely on…’”

His audience was silent. No one seemed to know quite where to look. It all felt very awkward. You could practically hear the clenching of disconcerted buttocks.

“Hang on,” murmured the Prime Minister, almost to himself. “Let’s get this right. Do you remember it? You all know it? ‘Which you later rely on in court... may be… taken into account…’” He gave up. “Anyway, you get the gist…”

It wasn’t meant to be a joke. There was no punchline. Or indeed any point.

briantrumpet

Postby briantrumpet » Fri Sep 06, 2019 06:32 am

bompington wrote:Does this remind you of any other leaders in the English-speaking world?
Even the Torygraph wrote:We’ve all seen Mr Johnson bumbling and burbling for comic effect. It’s what he does. He’s been doing it his entire political life. But this wasn’t like that. Here, he looked genuinely dazed. Absent. Distracted. Lost. He spoke slowly, vaguely, and with long, inexplicable pauses – as if, while he murmured away, his mind kept straying on to some other, rather more troubling topic.

And then, after only a couple of minutes, something even odder happened. A propos of absolutely nothing at all, he started rambling about police cautions.

“Do you know the caution?” he said dreamily, to his audience of newly recruited officers. “You know what you have to say when you, when you... when you collar someone? ‘You do not have to say anything.’ Is that right? No. ‘Anything you s...’ No. ‘But if you fail to mention something… which you later… rely on…’”

His audience was silent. No one seemed to know quite where to look. It all felt very awkward. You could practically hear the clenching of disconcerted buttocks.

“Hang on,” murmured the Prime Minister, almost to himself. “Let’s get this right. Do you remember it? You all know it? ‘Which you later rely on in court... may be… taken into account…’” He gave up. “Anyway, you get the gist…”

It wasn’t meant to be a joke. There was no punchline. Or indeed any point.

Michael Deacon, the Telegraph sketch writer of this piece, to his credit, has remained sceptical, and, surprisingly, kept his job, in a paper which has lurched to the right in step with the Tories. These days it's just like the Express, but with longer words, on the whole. A pity - it used to be worth reading.

darkhairedlord

Postby darkhairedlord » Fri Sep 06, 2019 06:44 am

crispybug2 wrote:Having just watched Question Time I am genuinely depressed about the whole f*cking shambles

Every single side of the debate were an utter bunch of cūnts!!

Panel selected by the big-brother production team?

Robert88

Postby Robert88 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 07:01 am

So, how long has he got? Has he unpacked the china and glassware? Is Tory steve0 still an admirer?

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 07:02 am

bompington wrote:Does this remind you of any other leaders in the English-speaking world?
]

It was actually and old joke of his from his dinner speech circuit.

TheBigBean

Postby TheBigBean » Fri Sep 06, 2019 07:14 am

Robert88 wrote:So, how long has he got? Has he unpacked the china and glassware? Is Tory steve0 still an admirer?

One tactical option available to him is resigning. Careful what you wish for.

rjsterry

Postby rjsterry » Fri Sep 06, 2019 07:25 am

Rick Chasey wrote:
]

It was actually and old joke of his from his dinner speech circuit.

Half a joke, presumably. It's all very well having a stock of off the cuff remarks to make you look spontaneous, but if you forget your lines half way through it falls a bit flat. As someone else pointed out, we now seem to have Alan Partridge for PM.
1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 07:29 am

It shouldn't be a surprise.

Anyone who's read up a bit on him knows that when it comes to speeches, he doesn't prepare, and trots out the same old jokes.

It's his default.

Return to “The Cake Stop”