Knocked off bike this morning, what do I do regarding carbon frame

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
AndyH01

Re: Knocked off bike this morning, what do I do regarding carbon frame

Postby AndyH01 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 18:36 pm

darkhairedlord wrote:
Pilot Pete wrote:
darkhairedlord wrote:They might clock the road pedals sans reflectors and decide bike legal for road use...

Eh? Legal or illegal? :?:

PP

Not legal, typ0!

In this case liability hasn't been disputed.
I'm not aware of any cases where liability was escaped due to illegal pedals. They would have to prove based on balance of probability that reflectors would've made a difference, it is generally accepted 5hat parts of the RTA need updating iadue to modern 8nvention of led lights..
Similarly although not legal requirements, no up claim has been successful defended 9n basis of no helmet, at best contributory negligence. When seat belts first came into force, deductions of up to 25% were the 9ften common. I can't recall 9ff hand stance of crash helmets for motorcyclists as again be difficult to quantify extent of 8njury with and without.....

Keith57

Re: Knocked off bike this morning, what do I do regarding carbon frame

Postby Keith57 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:26 am

Just use a solicitor, don't try and do anything yourself.

I am with Cycling UK and their solicitors handled everything when I was knocked unconscious and spent 8 days in a head injuries unit. I never spoke to the driver directly, the solicitors handled everything by-the-book. Police handed over all the details and prosecuted the driver independently of me.

Bike costs, mine was a write off, came fairly quickly, as with clothing, etc as an interim payment.

Injury compensation takes much longer as it's best to wait a while to try and assess long-term effects.
http://www.fachwen.org
https://www.strava.com/athletes/303457

Please note: I’ll no longer engage deeply with anonymous forum users :D

Return to “Road General”