Elemnt ROAM routing

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
davebradswmb

Re: Elemnt ROAM routing

Postby davebradswmb » Sun Sep 01, 2019 04:49 am

I created the route using RWGPS mobile app. This is a new feature that I hadn't used before and it was very useable. I've just tried to save the route and found out that you can only do it if you pay for the premium features. In the past I have designed routes using the Web interface on my phone which was awkward to use but successful; I just created the route and synced the ELEMNT app with RWGPS, selected the route in the app and it was sent to the device via Bluetooth.

I am impressed with the new routing feature on the RWGPS app though, it might actually convince me to put my hand in my pocket. I've yet to test how well it deals with importing gpx files; Komoot does this very well but you have to pay for maps if you ride out of your local area, but at least it's a one-off payment instead of a subscription.

naavt

Postby naavt » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:47 am

davebradswmb wrote:Komoot does this very well but you have to pay for maps if you ride out of your local area, but at least it's a one-off payment instead of a subscription.

Hurry up because there are some rumors that say Komoot will be a subscription soon for everyone who did not bought the "one payment" maps.

philthy3

Postby philthy3 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 15:05 pm

davebradswmb wrote:I created the route using RWGPS mobile app. This is a new feature that I hadn't used before and it was very useable. I've just tried to save the route and found out that you can only do it if you pay for the premium features. In the past I have designed routes using the Web interface on my phone which was awkward to use but successful; I just created the route and synced the ELEMNT app with RWGPS, selected the route in the app and it was sent to the device via Bluetooth.

I am impressed with the new routing feature on the RWGPS app though, it might actually convince me to put my hand in my pocket. I've yet to test how well it deals with importing gpx files; Komoot does this very well but you have to pay for maps if you ride out of your local area, but at least it's a one-off payment instead of a subscription.

So just temporarily set your mobile phone as a wifi hotspot, open the web version of Ridewithgps and download your route to the ROAM. Simple.
We're all buffoons; some slightly less than others.

Return to “Road General”