Too good to be true? IQ2 Power meter on Kickstarter - going to sell for as little as £130

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
mamil314

Re: Too good to be true? IQ2 Power meter on Kickstarter - going to sell for as little as £130

Postby mamil314 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:06 am

Ah shucks so in the end they had to change from pod to pedal. It's a shame, really wanted them to succeed

Chris Bass

Re: Too good to be true? IQ2 Power meter on Kickstarter - going to sell for as little as £130

Postby Chris Bass » Thu May 09, 2019 14:07 pm

I can't see them ever getting these to market, was listening to DC rainmaker and Shane Miller's podcast and they were very sceptical about it all and they have far more experience in this stuff than most
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Daniel B

Postby Daniel B » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:07 am

Just confirmed my address details this morning for shipping.

Don't know when shipping will be, and also no App showing up on Google Play yet to calibrate it.

Will update when it arrives, and how I get on with it \ weight etc etc, and how it compares with my Vector 2 pedals and Neo.
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

jacemano

Postby jacemano » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Daniel B wrote:Just confirmed my address details this morning for shipping.

Don't know when shipping will be, and also no App showing up on Google Play yet to calibrate it.

Will update when it arrives, and how I get on with it \ weight etc etc, and how it compares with my Vector 2 pedals and Neo.

As a guy on the lookout for a cheapy power meter I'm waiting with baited breath to see how this turns out

TimothyW

Postby TimothyW » Wed Sep 11, 2019 13:10 pm

Different price range but SRM have an MTB pedal powermeter coming soon if the IQ2 doesn't work out...
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/09/srm ... r-srm.html

and it mentions in the post that the shimano mtb SPD standard is out of patent so there should be more power pedals in that standard forthcoming.

Good news for me anyway, being all SPD.

Daniel B

Postby Daniel B » Wed Sep 18, 2019 15:13 pm

Hi all,

The final product has been successfully assembled. It feels great to finally be able to ride with our power meter and we can't wait to send you yours!

We originally estimated first deliveries in September. We've decided to dedicate an extra month (until the end of October) to finetune all individual components of the final assembly so that we can guarantee the highest possible quality. Here are some indoor pictures of the final product, which are currently undergoing surface finishing with a different texture.

By the time I receive mine the bike these are ultimately destined for will be in hibernation for the winter, so not sure if I'll pop them on a winter bike or something.
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Scott CR1 SL 12
Scott Foil 18

Chris Bass

Postby Chris Bass » Fri Sep 20, 2019 09:28 am

that "extra month" is a bit worrying - if they are confident they are accurate/reliable then why the extra month? if not then if they find a problem i can't see a month being long enough to put it right!

until they hit the market and users have been riding with them and testing them i think i'll remain sceptical

darkhairedlord

Postby darkhairedlord » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:58 am

Chris Bass wrote:that "extra month" is a bit worrying - if they are confident they are accurate/reliable then why the extra month? if not then if they find a problem i can't see a month being long enough to put it right!

until they hit the market and users have been riding with them and testing them i think i'll remain sceptical

You would think the bank would pull the plug by now.

Chris Bass

Postby Chris Bass » Mon Sep 23, 2019 08:39 am

darkhairedlord wrote:
Chris Bass wrote:that "extra month" is a bit worrying - if they are confident they are accurate/reliable then why the extra month? if not then if they find a problem i can't see a month being long enough to put it right!

You would think the bank would pull the plug by now.

thats the beauty of crowd funding - playing with other people's money!

thegreatdivide

Postby thegreatdivide » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:10 am

Daniel B wrote:
Hi all,

The final product has been successfully assembled. It feels great to finally be able to ride with our power meter and we can't wait to send you yours!

We originally estimated first deliveries in September. We've decided to dedicate an extra month (until the end of October) to finetune all individual components of the final assembly so that we can guarantee the highest possible quality. Here are some indoor pictures of the final product, which are currently undergoing surface finishing with a different texture.

By the time I receive mine the bike these are ultimately destined for will be in hibernation for the winter, so not sure if I'll pop them on a winter bike or something.

I really hope they’re putting some kind of metal plate or bits of metal on that pedal body. If that’s just plastic or some kind of composite, it’ll get mashed in no time!
#f*ckwit

Daniel B

Postby Daniel B » Mon Sep 23, 2019 13:07 pm

oh yeh, valid point - will let you know what turns up!
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Scott CR1 SL 12
Scott Foil 18

thegreatdivide

Postby thegreatdivide » Mon Sep 23, 2019 14:29 pm

Some of their other pics show a metal plate, so I reckon it'll be fine.
#f*ckwit

darkhairedlord

Postby darkhairedlord » Wed Sep 25, 2019 07:01 am

thegreatdivide wrote:
Daniel B wrote:
Hi all,

I really hope they’re putting some kind of metal plate or bits of metal on that pedal body. If that’s just plastic or some kind of composite, it’ll get mashed in no time!

That's a sheet load of Q

Daniel B

Postby Daniel B » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:36 am

darkhairedlord wrote:That's a sheet load of Q

This is what they claimed back in May:
We have decided upon a Keo-compatible road pedal. An advantage of this is the disappearance of the controversial increased Q factor

I have Look Keos I can compare with upon arrival.

Just scanned back through all the subsequent updates, and there seems to be no mention that this has changed.
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Scott CR1 SL 12
Scott Foil 18

TimothyW

Postby TimothyW » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:41 am

Having had a glance at these look's on wiggle:
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/look-keo-classic-3black-38nm/

That's a sheet load of FUD.

Daniel B

Postby Daniel B » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:49 am

TimothyW wrote:Having had a glance at these look's on wiggle:
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/look-keo-classic-3black-38nm/

That's a sheet load of FUD.

??

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Scott CR1 SL 12
Scott Foil 18

Return to “Road General”