Majorca, I love it.

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
dazz_ni45

Re: Majorca, I love it.

Postby dazz_ni45 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 07:56 am

Has anyone recommendations for a decent bike shop/mechanic around Port de Pollencia or Alcudia?

I fly out this weekend and am bringing my own bike this year so I just want to have an idea of somewhere I can go that will take walk ins if something happens my bike that I can't sort myself. We are staying out at Pollentia Club and there are two onsite bike hire shops, but I get the impression that they really only deal with their own hire bikes (I may be wrong).

Thanks

4kicks

Postby 4kicks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 09:44 am

Pedro at niu wave on the road alcudia to Pto pollenca, has a great stock of take off parts so, as long as youre not running electronic can get you on the road quickly. most bike shops here, even gomilla and nadal, don't carry much stock and its a 2 day wait to get stuff sent here
Fitter....healthier....more productive.....

dazz_ni45

Postby dazz_ni45 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 09:54 am

4kicks wrote:Pedro at niu wave on the road alcudia to Pto pollenca, has a great stock of take off parts so, as long as youre not running electronic can get you on the road quickly. most bike shops here, even gomilla and nadal, don't carry much stock and its a 2 day wait to get stuff sent here

Thanks, remember passing it last year so that will be handy to where we are staying.

mikpem

Postby mikpem » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Any tips for flat rides and cycle hire in Cala Bona/Millor?
We have booked a family holiday for May, I was going to resist the urge to hire a bike but it's turned out that the OH is now pregnant and would like a day on her own to relax.
So now I am looking for somewhere to ride with my 4 year old (he can ride very well) and a place that will rent me a couple of decent bikes for the day.
Also does anyone have any tips for where to ride? Up to around 10miles will be about right for him so I was thinking about heading up to Castillo de sa Punta de n’Amer and seeing how it goes.

4kicks

Postby 4kicks » Wed Apr 26, 2017 17:55 pm

Fraid not as its about as far from where I live, and kids schools, as could be.

On another point, the trip out to the Cap Formentor next year is apparently going to be only for bikes, electric cars and coaches, ie no tourist cars. personally I doubt it will come true, sounds like an election promise, but would make for much less stressful trip if it does
Fitter....healthier....more productive.....

mostly

Postby mostly » Thu May 11, 2017 14:52 pm

I'm off next week to puerto pollensa bike rental sorted with bikehead , sadly they don't have any garmin 'mapping' devices available (I've only got an edge 25) can anyone advise who might rent something like a 1000 for a couple of days?
Cheers.

Dinyull

Postby Dinyull » Thu May 11, 2017 14:55 pm

As a shot in the dark, try ebay?

A mate "rented" a sat nav from someone on ebay for a couple of weeks whilst in florida. Then sent it out to him with bits he needed loaded up and then he posted it back when finished.

mostly

Postby mostly » Thu May 11, 2017 15:13 pm

Thanks I'll have a trawl

dazz_ni45

Postby dazz_ni45 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 am

Just booked my flights for Majorca next May and this time it will be my wife and I rather than the usual group of cycling buddies.

The last two years I have stayed a Club Pollentia and am happy to do so again due to the quality of the food etc, but wondered if there were any better hotel options in Puerto Pollensa since being in the town would be better for couples? Especially interested in anyone who has stayed at Club Pollentia and other hotels for a balanced opinion.

Ryan_W

Postby Ryan_W » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 am

A guy I work with (National Enduro champion, and very good road rider) has sold up over here and moving to Mallorca soon.

He's setting up a business offering the full package, catering for both roadies and mountain bikers.

After our talks today, he's hoping to be open to the public for early spring 2018.

The villa he's buying looks ridiculous, a main house with 2 separate annexes, pool, pizza ovens etc.
'17 Focus Mares Force 1 --- '19 Cervélo S5 Disc Di2

IG: RhinosWorkshop - Check it out for all my custom builds...

Tartysurfer

Postby Tartysurfer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:58 am

Hi All,

Off to Majorca in October for a long weekend riding. Am planning a longer ride on the Saturday (Valldemossa - Puerto Pollenca via the climbs). Was hoping to use the Cycle Shuttle service to get from PP to the start of the ride, but from their timetable they don't do that route on Saturdays. Any recommendations as to other ways to get 2 guys and their bikes to Valldemossa on a Saturday morning in October? Thanks in advance.

PBlakeney

Postby PBlakeney » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Tartysurfer wrote:Hi All,

Off to Majorca in October for a long weekend riding. Am planning a longer ride on the Saturday (Valldemossa - Puerto Pollenca via the climbs). Was hoping to use the Cycle Shuttle service to get from PP to the start of the ride, but from their timetable they don't do that route on Saturdays. Any recommendations as to other ways to get 2 guys and their bikes to Valldemossa on a Saturday morning in October? Thanks in advance.

Cycle.
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.

Veronese68 wrote:PB is the most sensible person on here.

TwoToeBenny

Postby TwoToeBenny » Wed Sep 20, 2017 14:07 pm

Don't quote me but I was told you can take the train from Sa Pobla to Palma not sure if it stops somewhere close en-route or wh there u can get a connection

https://www.tib.org/en/web/ctm/tren

Tartysurfer

Postby Tartysurfer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 21:50 pm

PBlakeney wrote:

Cycle.

If we were planning a day with that much mileage we would, we aren't, hence the question :-)

Tartysurfer

Postby Tartysurfer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 21:55 pm

TwoToeBenny wrote:Don't quote me but I was told you can take the train from Sa Pobla to Palma not sure if it stops somewhere close en-route or wh there u can get a connection

https://www.tib.org/en/web/ctm/tren

Thanks, appreciated :-)

PBlakeney

Postby PBlakeney » Thu Sep 21, 2017 04:27 am

Tartysurfer wrote:
PBlakeney wrote:

Cycle.

If we were planning a day with that much mileage we would, we aren't, hence the question :-)

Sorry. I thought that making the most of a cycling holiday by cycling would be ideal. Throw in Orient and Bunyola for the ultimate Mallorca loop. Did that loop a few times and it is spectacular!
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.

Veronese68 wrote:PB is the most sensible person on here.

Tartysurfer

Postby Tartysurfer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 07:18 am

PBlakeney wrote:
Tartysurfer wrote:
PBlakeney wrote:

Cycle.

Sorry. I thought that making the most of a cycling holiday by cycling would be ideal. Throw in Orient and Bunyola for the ultimate Mallorca loop. Did that loop a few times and it is spectacular!

Thanks PB, I know where your coming from, but I need to accommodate my travelling buddy too :-)

shamrock134

Postby shamrock134 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:59 am

Tartysurfer wrote:Off to Majorca in October for a long weekend riding. Am planning a longer ride on the Saturday (Valldemossa - Puerto Pollenca via the climbs).

I hope you're including the climb from Port de Valldemossa too! :wink:

tourdriving

Postby tourdriving » Thu Sep 21, 2017 13:50 pm

Here are a link to transport http://www.suntransfers.com/majorca-airport
https://tourdriving.wordpress.com bike hire and travel links, in 46 countries http://ukbikerentals.com UK Bike & Motorcycle hire in Counties after ABC

dazz_ni45

Postby dazz_ni45 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 08:16 am

Hotel sorted and staying again at the Club Pollentia.

Not taking my bike with me this year so need to sort out some hire bikes and I fancy something a bit better than the Canyons available at the onsite hire shop so I am looking for a hire shop that delivers.

Had anyone any experience with Bike Experience Mallorca as they have some nice Giants and Cervelos or recommendations on any other shops that deliver? I had looked at Bikehead but they no longer deliver.

Thanks

Return to “Road General”