Your rants here.

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
gbsahne

Re: Your rants here.

Postby gbsahne » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:58 am

youngest appears (don't want to jinx it) to be sleeping on her own, when she's told to and all through the night (well up to 06:30), only taken 5 years.....

pangolin

Postby pangolin » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:17 pm

gbsahne wrote:youngest appears (don't want to jinx it) to be sleeping on her own, when she's told to and all through the night (well up to 06:30), only taken 5 years.....

Guess this is meant to be anti rants? Mine is 2 and this feels a loooong way off.
Genesis Croix de Fer
Cube Attain

Veronese68
Lives Here

Postby Veronese68 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 14:13 pm

pangolin wrote:
gbsahne wrote:youngest appears (don't want to jinx it) to be sleeping on her own, when she's told to and all through the night (well up to 06:30), only taken 5 years.....

Guess this is meant to be anti rants? Mine is 2 and this feels a loooong way off.

Mine are nearly 17 and 20, we rarely see them before midday at the weekends. :lol:

roger merriman

Postby roger merriman » Fri Sep 06, 2019 14:31 pm

Managed to buckle rear wheel on Wednesday, just before reaching the end the bike slid off something on the road, very annoying as clearly I wasn’t paying attention! Not badly and bike shop will have fixed it by tomorrow but has annoyed me!

elbowloh

Postby elbowloh » Fri Sep 06, 2019 14:36 pm

I feel I may have started something with my rant. Maybe there should be a separate Dadsnet or cycledads thread...

Anyway, new tactic last night. Discovered that an elephant soother / blanket thingy, which he has never showed any interest in before is now a magic wand for a) getting him to sleep in the first place and b) getting him back to sleep when he wakes up in the night.
Felt F1 2014
Felt Z6 2012
Red Arthur Caygill steel frame ??
Tall....

awavey

Postby awavey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 23:37 pm

cycling along home, 3 cars pass me totally fine, Im holding my line, the 4th leans on the horn and close passes me with a cut in. why ?

JGSI

Postby JGSI » Sat Sep 07, 2019 14:57 pm

Ive just put a frameset on sale on Ebay which will no doubt leave absolute proof that people should not be entrusted with a vote or sharp objects.
Just had 1, to whinge about only collection and to ask if di2 fits... if the fckwit could only use the internet properly.

JGSI

Postby JGSI » Sat Sep 07, 2019 14:59 pm

awavey wrote:cycling along home, 3 cars pass me totally fine, Im holding my line, the 4th leans on the horn and close passes me with a cut in. why ?

...he was in the draft and you scared him... cars in convoys , as bad as cyclists.

redvee

Postby redvee » Sun Sep 08, 2019 01:13 am

thistle (MBNW) wrote:Finished work in a bad mood:

There's a road on my way home that's full of potholes (worse than most of them).

Try one last time reporting as damage caused and mention lost lights cause of poor road surface and see what happens. I reported one where I dinged the rim and it was repaired within 48 hours, I don't normally ride on the part of the road where the pothole was but I was paying more attention to a non-attentive driver and avoiding them at the time.
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

elbowloh

Postby elbowloh » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:17 am

Just seen this on the Guardian. Now, obviously this nutter should be caught, prosecuted and banged up, but this is probably going to get undue media attention now in relation to other violent crimes committed by arseholes who were not on a bike.
Even when you watch the video, it comes up with a suggested discussion point of "do cyclists think they are above the law?" this is one incident, a "cyclist" not "cyclists".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -in-london
Felt F1 2014
Felt Z6 2012
Tall....

Slowbike

Postby Slowbike » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:31 am

elbowloh wrote:I feel I may have started something with my rant. Maybe there should be a separate Dadsnet or cycledads thread...

Anyway, new tactic last night. Discovered that an elephant soother / blanket thingy, which he has never showed any interest in before is now a magic wand for a) getting him to sleep in the first place and b) getting him back to sleep when he wakes up in the night.

Absolutely !!

:) glad the new tactic worked - hopefully it'll be a long term thing - 4 years in and we mostly get full nights sleep, just the odd interruption - like unsettled - probably because he started school ..

elbowloh

Postby elbowloh » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:43 am

Slowbike wrote:
elbowloh wrote:I feel I may have started something with my rant. Maybe there should be a separate Dadsnet or cycledads thread...

Absolutely !!

:) glad the new tactic worked - hopefully it'll be a long term thing - 4 years in and we mostly get full nights sleep, just the odd interruption - like unsettled - probably because he started school ..

Well, it lasted a couple of days, then stopped working. However, last night he just put himself to sleep without any assistance (did wake a few times in the night, but nothing major).

phew.
Felt F1 2014
Felt Z6 2012
Tall....

DrHaggis

Postby DrHaggis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Yesterday evening; too tired to keep working from home, do homework w/ 7 y.o., home chores, and then be arsed to cook Ratatouille. Let's just hope I'll have the strength later today.

In other news: my Edge 25 and my Nokia have split up. Can't even see each other.

Slowbike

Postby Slowbike » Tue Sep 10, 2019 13:08 pm

elbowloh wrote:Well, it lasted a couple of days, then stopped working. However, last night he just put himself to sleep without any assistance (did wake a few times in the night, but nothing major).

phew.

yup - they do it just to throw you off the scent ... I'm sure they work to a strict schedule of when they're going to let you get some sleep ....

awavey

Postby awavey » Tue Sep 10, 2019 22:10 pm

elbowloh wrote:Just seen this on the Guardian. Now, obviously this nutter should be caught, prosecuted and banged up, but this is probably going to get undue media attention now in relation to other violent crimes committed by arseholes who were not on a bike.
Even when you watch the video, it comes up with a suggested discussion point of "do cyclists think they are above the law?" this is one incident, a "cyclist" not "cyclists".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -in-london

I know its of the man bite dogs variety of news reporting, and you certainly cant condone it, but that every national newspaper & media outlet covers it

where as this, which also happened in London...not even headlined as motorist hit & runs on a teenage cyclist anymore (the earlier article at least mentioned it was a cyclist who was crushed by the car)
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/p ... 33581.html

Seajays

Postby Seajays » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:53 pm

Not cycling. The siren call of Steam gaming platform special offers drew me in on Monday with £10 for a game normally nearly £40.

Bought game, then finally had to admit I definitely don't have the PC to do it justice any more and have now spent another £350 on new hardware so I can play it. :lol:

Steam. Everything would have been fine without you... :wink:
Cannondale CAADX Tiagra 2017
Revolution Courier Race Disc '14
My Strava

elbowloh

Postby elbowloh » Wed Sep 11, 2019 13:20 pm

Seajays wrote:Not cycling. The siren call of Steam gaming platform special offers drew me in on Monday with £10 for a game normally nearly £40.

Bought game, then finally had to admit I definitely don't have the PC to do it justice any more and have now spent another £350 on new hardware so I can play it. :lol:

Steam. Everything would have been fine without you... :wink:

I can't keep up with the PC harware anymore. When I was looking for a new phone, ee were doing a deal where if you got a sony phone, you got a PS4 for free...Red Dead Redemption 2 ordered straight away to go with it.

Not that i have much time anymore to play the bloody thing.
Felt F1 2014
Felt Z6 2012
Tall....

Slowbike

Postby Slowbike » Wed Sep 11, 2019 13:29 pm

elbowloh wrote:Not that i have much time anymore to play the bloody thing.

Try playing it with the squidling ... at 2am ...

DrHaggis

Postby DrHaggis » Wed Sep 11, 2019 13:46 pm

Slowbike wrote:
elbowloh wrote:Not that i have much time anymore to play the bloody thing.

Try playing it with the squidling ... at 2am ...

And little elbowloh will end up thinking think Coopster's posts in the Brexit thread are those of a left-wing, SJW snowflake...

My gaming high is now provided by a Switch that both kids love. I love it too, and so does my father. My wife, or my mother? Not so much! I've suggested maybe grandad may get a switch for Xmas, which has been received with a death stare from my mom.

Slowbike

Postby Slowbike » Wed Sep 11, 2019 14:17 pm

er - a switch, beyond being a method to turn things on/off, to me, is something I plug network cables in ...

wtf is a switch?!

btw - we use our phones as gaming base for Little SB ... Thomas Minis is a favourite ... for him, not for us ... although it does usually give us some leeway to get the jobs sorted!

Return to “Commuting Chat”