Thread To Tell Everyone What Fettling You've Just Done

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
itboffin

Re: Thread To Tell Everyone What Fettling You've Just Done

Postby itboffin » Sat Aug 10, 2019 15:50 pm

swapped out an Apex crankset for a 105 to match the rest of the groupset, old BB was shot to bits and the BB shell full of muddy rust, one of the joys of steel.

Rearranged the mancave for better access and wall mounted an LED work lamp as an uplighter, started painting the door white to help bright it up, now to source a much bigger fan.
Rule #5 // Harden The fark Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

itboffin

Postby itboffin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 18:08 pm

Schoolboy error today, i took out the upgraded bike for a gentle spin and noticed a ticking on every pedal stroke, so i removed the crankset and tightened the BB only to discover when putting it all back together that the rusted brake cable and stiff outer was the source.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

greenamex2

Postby greenamex2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 08:35 am

Replaced my valve cores after suffering a "flat" at the weekend.

As both front and rear were leaking, wondering whether this is tubeless related.

lemonenema

Postby lemonenema » Tue Aug 13, 2019 18:08 pm

did it work?

greenamex2

Postby greenamex2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 20:43 pm

lemonenema wrote:did it work?

Yep, still rock hard after two days. Looking good for my first 55 mile commute to work.

itboffin

Postby itboffin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 18:07 pm

MASSHOOF mancave upgrade today, new 18" fan and old 42" TV now rigged up, i need a swing arm wall mount for the other LCD screen so i can swap between big screen and MASSSSSHOOOOOF screen, goes very nicely with the 80W speakers & sub setup, in fact i might put a sofa in there and just move in.

Return to “Commuting Chat”