Giro 2024:- Stage 4: Acqui Terme – Andora, 190.0km ***Spoilers***

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,184
    edited May 7

Milan takes the sprint in his very ugly style. Think Groves came through for second.

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,614

Lol

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors

Love a flyer

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,307

Have you got Unfinished Sympathy for being caught at 300m to go?

• mididoctors

Well it's good when the sprinters share it out

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,187

So Ganna is chased down by Consonni who leads out Milan to win. It looks like Italy's pursuit team are on form.

Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,466
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey

Giro is so good for these kinds of finishes.

• Pross

Long, long sprint. Ganna's attack really strung it all out early.

Groves was second, Bauhaus third. Merlier faded a bit.

• mididoctors

He is an edifice of a man on a bike ...looks like he's picked a fight with his bike when he sprints

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,026

Enjoyed last 5km there.

Drone (?) overhead/side view on the sprint replay was really good for seeing what happened.

• mididoctors

Kaden groves slagging his team off

• rick_chasey

Apparently UCI are threatening throwing Pog off for having the wrong coloured shorts on as the Pink Jersey wearer.

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,026
    edited May 7

Edit - just read the reason why (tribute to Torino).

• mididoctors
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,138

Cycling continually shoots itself in the foot; who cares what colour shorts he was wearing? FFS......Why should it matter? What other sport has ridiculous kit rules? Absolute nonsense........

No other serious sport has the organisers providing kit.......and it's time cycling ended this practice.

All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Pross

The Giro organisers would love that. Thought he was wearing the ski suit they supplied (or was yesterday as they were discussing it on comma).

• mididoctors

It was RCS supplied ...the whole thing is a nothing burger

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,184

Most sports have kit rules, cycling is far from alone in this.

I think it makes sense, fwiw, a rider should either be wearing team kit, or a race classification jersey with shorts to match.

• wakemalcolm
    wakemalcolm Posts: 704

Jersey only for me. Don't want to hear who's contending for the yellow catsuit in future years.

Maybe there should be a rule. You can only wear the next day what you're willing to climb into on the podium.

================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,685

Yeah it's not uncommon in the football a substitution is delayed as a player has an earring or necklace

Cricket is very specific about kit. Penalty runs are given if any player other than the Wicketkeeper wears the gloves

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,107
    edited May 8

Jersey only for me too. Team shorts should be fine, but standard team shorts. No polka dot shorts, please 😉. (I assume team shorts are acceptable but I'm not interested enough to check).

Things get muddied with skin suits. I understand that the leader doesn't want to lose an aero advantage over competitors so surely an agreement can come up. Race supplied, or pre-agreed team issue. Emphasis on pre-agreed.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,466

The ciclamino shorts were part of the race supplied skinsuit, that was the problem.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,217

Skinsuits should be banned apart from in time trials. Separate shorts and jersey only

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,107

Well, that’s just odd. I’m not going to lose any sleep over it though.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,187

I like that throughout their history Sky/Ineos have resolutely refused to indulge in the full kit shenanigans, with the exception of a little yellow trim in Paris.

Twitter: @RichN95