Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    @BillyCool, Zagora, yonny

Check your PM inbox
  • @BillyCool, Zagora, yonny

Check your PM inbox

Thanks Steve - I'll let you know.

I'm going this Sunday as well, so looking forward to seeing how it's all running.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • steve_sordy
    That railway cutting I was referring to earlier; the more I ride it the less high it seems! :lol:
    After riding it again today, I am revising my estimate of its height of "around 50 ft" to "about 40 ft". It is still tricky though, with two drops, a couple of turns, and some stumps to avoid. 8)
  • That railway cutting I was referring to earlier; the more I ride it the less high it seems! :lol:
    After riding it again today, I am revising my estimate of its height of "around 50 ft" to "about 40 ft". It is still tricky though, with two drops, a couple of turns, and some stumps to avoid. 8)

I wouldn't want it any other way!
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • steve_sordy
    I was at Pines today, brilliant weather once the mist went. Trails are almost perfect. The lack of rain means that even over the railway line, the area that is normally a complete bog from Oct to Mar is merely damp, but grippy. Still lots of standing water over there though in the low-lying areas created by the 4-wheel drive vehicles.

That approx 40' descent off the top of the banking down init the railway cutting was a bit tricky today. I almost went off that rock ledge into the brambles! The rock shelf has less than a foot of soil on it, so it can be a bit looser and stickier there. A bit of unwanted rear wheel steering sent me off to the left towards the drop off and I was fortunate to be able to stop in time. Unfortunately I had an audience! :lol:
  • I was there today as well. Just did the usual red route but it was running well. Got a bit hot early doors, took my jacket off and rode in just a baselayer.

It's so much nicer when it's dry!
    "Ride, crash, replace"